How do I enrol at IAPS?
Come to the secretariat on the dates and times for registration. The passage is made in the order of arrival in our school. No appointments are required No registration by phone or email.
Tell us which course or suite of courses that interests you. Ask any questions you may have to the reception team at the secretary’s office and/or to the director. If necessary, you will take a placement test with a teacher.
Present your identity card or passport and we’ll make your registration form. Sign your registration documents and pay your fees.
Congratulations! You are a student at the Institut. You will receive your student card showing the days and times of your classes, as well as your academic holidays.
At what price?
For EU nationals:
Language courses120-period modules
- Discounted price: €50
- Enrolment in two continuous evening classes during the same academic year: €140 (or €70 if reduced price)
IT40- or 60-period modules
- Discounted price: €30
- Registration for a second course: €40
For foreign students outside the European Union :
Identical price to Europeans (EU) in one of the following cases:
- You are authorised to stay in Belgium for more than three months (residence permit for more than three months or CIRE and certificate from the local authority)
- You have a diplomatic identity card issued by the Belgian authorities or by NATO/SHAPE
- You are married to or legally cohabiting with a Belgian resident who has income in Belgium
- You are a student in Belgium, staying for study purposes only (residence permit and proof of enrolment at a university/higher education establishment)
- You are under 18 and attending a Belgian school
- You are working (including “au pair”) in Belgium and have an employment certificate and a temporary residence permit.
- You are a recognised refugee or candidate refugee in Belgium
- You have submitted an application for regularisation (article 9bis or 9ter certificate and lawyer’s letter)
If you do not qualify for one of the exemptions from the specific registration fees for foreign nationals, you will have to pay :
€90 extra for a course of 120 periods
€180 extra for two 120-period courses
… (with a maximum of €238 per academic year)
However, to register you must :
- have a residence permit for another EU country; or
- or have a valid national passport with, if necessary, a visa in Belgium (the list of countries whose nationals are exempt from the visa requirement is available via this link)
reduced prices, for whom?
- Jobseekers on work placements (registered with their union or CAPAC).
- Unemployed people receiving full benefit
- CPAS living wage recipients
- Minors (under 18)
- Disabled people recognised by PHARE or AWIPH
- Civil servants or contract civil servants (if the training is taken as part of their employment)
- Recognised refugees (Fedasil or Red Cross or SolSoc certificate, etc.)